Friday, January 10, 2014

He is my one and only Son

For most of my life my olfactory sense has been gone, it is both a curse and a blessing. When my pregnancy with my son began all of a sudden I could smell again, not so much anymore, his was the only pregnancy in which that change occurred. 

Fast forward to present day reality, I call him hound dog nose. Jacob is just past the two and a half years mark and very serious about six things, lemonade, his cowboy, (a blanket with a cowboy theme) make-up and nail polish (like his 15 year old diva sister and 4 year old princess sister) football, cheerleaders, and the way everything smells. I've caught him on numerous occasions standing directly at my butt crack sniffing me. I dread the day he does that to company!! 

Cowboy always has to smell good or I hear about it and am directed to wash it immediately, even if we are not actually home. It's his best friend and he has personified that blanket unlike me who only used my blankie for it's silky edges till he was born. (True story, my mom made me give it up) 

So this morning Jacob comes to the bed and as usual doesn't want anything to do with daddy because "DADDY ALWAYS SMELLS LIKE POO POO. "
But little did Jacob know that Daddy and I had a plan to get this little boy to be more accepting of his Daddy's sent. Daddy was wearing Mommy's deodorant and asked Jacob to sniff his armpit, he was surprised that infact Daddy wasn't stinky but smelled good like Mommy!!! 
Score one for Daddy!!

I hope he gets over the blanket long before he turns 35. 

Here he is wearing cowboy and that's how he holds a certain corner that he rubs on his face, we do a smell check daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive