Saturday, February 27, 2010

Twitterville, that's my hood

*This blog was originally published on May 2, 2009

Today another celebrity replied to me on Twitter and it made my day. Most of my friends are aware of my infatuation to this little social forum, it's no secret I talk about it often with most of them.

Questlove made it worse today by responding to one of my replies. :) Because of that reply I got a few more followers today. I love when that happens.

I actually love the idea of how these celebrities actually have real thoughts, emotions, concerns, daily chores, and families. Sometimes the most obvious theme though, is loneliness. It's a beautiful way to express your true self to the masses if you are "somebody." Perhaps the awe will wear off eventually for me, but right now I'm perfectly happy following who I do.

Don't knock it till you try it. Even though I don't watch TV often, this social forum keeps me in the loop like nothing else could. This is my media outlet, times are changing and I feel as though I'm right there in the mix.

Gotta learn to channel all the positive vibes I get from some of the posts into my own daily practice of self improvement. I've got a long way to go, but hopefully my journey is helping someone out there like it helps me.
I'm "somebody" too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive