Sunday, August 12, 2012

Take some time to get grounded

This week has been so rejuvenating. I have been feeling a bit out of sorts and a bit out of balance lately due to my overwhelming lifestyle. I wear many hats, first I'm a mother, a friend, a sister, an auntie, a daughter, a granddaughter, a stepmother a partner and a teacher.
Yesterday, I was compelled to deviate from my planned trip to the Dollar Tree and take a side road into a beautiful lake-park that I live close to. I found myself surrounded by a family of large and old beautiful trees. I found the dead and rotted stump of a very long,wide, old tree that had been cut down, yet was filled with life. My son and I enjoyed our time together there, among the trees hugging and kissing them. Just a few minutes of meditating and thinking about my feet going into the ground and growing roots, planting myself among this family who invited me into their space, was what I needed to really rejuvenate myself. Last night after having done that, all of a sudden my dreams started. I had not been dreaming at all in so long. This is actually my bodies way of signaling to me I'm out of balance. (among other cues) I am overflowing with gratitude that the family of trees were able to remind me of my potential, my uniqueness, my grace.

Life is wonderful, if we stop and recognize how surrounded we are by beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive